Don and I met today, and this website is the results of our conversation. Since we didn’t have a full group, much of our agenda will carry over to next meeting. Here’s where we’re at:
- John (Razor) resigned from the chair position yesterday, so that’s now vacant and needs to be filled
- Software Freedom Day is coming up: Sept. 15! I propose that we set up a card table with a couple of laptops running a couple different GNU/Linux distros somewhere in downtown Salem. The organization will give us free handouts if we register with them. Thoughts?
- Instead of going with a self-hosted WordPress.org site at salemos.org, Don and I thought it would be more prudent to use a free WordPress.com blog to start until we reach critical mass.
- We need to recruit — can anyone create a flyer for us that we can post around town? Where should we post them?
- Can someone create a Facebook page? Or if we want to practice what we preach, a Diaspora* page? 😛
Ethan Young, Secretary